Thursday, August 6, 2009

Ok, Now That I'm Back

I'm back from Seattle, and now have pretty much continuous access to the internet. But just to re-cap here are some things that have happened in the last week or so which deserve some mentioning.
  • Manny Ramirez and David Ortiz were revealed to be on the infamous 2003 list of failed drug tests. These two guys were the ONLY reason the Red Sox ended their "curse" and won the world series in 2004 and 2007. If not for these guys, then the Sox probably would still be griping. Honestly, who cares? Is anyone surprised? Manny got busted earlier this season, and Ortiz' career has followed the obvious trend of a Roider. All this proves is that just like the other World Series Championships of the past 10+ years, the Sox championships are tainted. Tough Break. There will be more names "leaked"
  • NFL opened up their training camps across the league. Somehow, practices have become more important to the media then actual games the mean something in other sports. I for one, am pumped! I can't wait for football. This coming sunday is the first pre-season game, which of course, I will watch intently.
  • The Yankess and Red Sox open a four game series tonight. This is the last distraction before football starts. New York has a 2.5 game lead, but the Red Sox have won all 8 games this season between the two teams. This series is crucial for playoff positioning for the American League and should be fun to watch.
  • Stephon Marbury is crazy.

One more thing I wanted to mention. Once the NFL kicks off this blog will be shifting focus. I want to focus on football and fantasy football. I'll of course still talk about MLB during the season, with the playoffs and eventually the World Series, but football is king and that's what I think would be more popular to read...and funner to write about. Did I miss any stories? Let me know and we'll discuss.

No comments:

Post a Comment