Saturday, August 8, 2009

2009 Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony


I'm watching the Hall of Fame induction ceremony right now. It has been going on since 7:00 and it is now 10:30. I'm waiting for Bruce Smith to talk and then it will be over. This thing lasts forever. A few things about it though


  • Glad to see "Bullett" Bob Hayes get inducted. I was not alive while he played so I can't say to much stuff expertly, but he played for the Cowboys (my team) and he really was revolutionary. One of the first guys to really use his speed on the field. Oh, and he is the only person ever to win an Olympic gold medal and a Super Bowl.

  • Rod Woodson's speech went on forever. For. Ever. But he deserves it. I do remember watching him play. He was a beast!

  • I actually got sad when they were presenting Derrick Thomas. Thomas died a few years ago in a plane crash. He was truly one of the greatest players ever. He definitley goes down as one of my favorite players and I have always said that. I remember when he and Defensive End Neil Smith used to destroy Quarterbacks. Too bad he had to die at such a young age.

  • Bruce Smith. Wow. Mean nasty player. To me his legacy is tainted a bit since he played for the Redskins (just kidding, but seriously). He is also from my hometown of Virginia Beach (ok, Norfolk, but it's the same thing).

This is a good class that also included Bills owner Ralph Wilson and former lineman Randall McDaniel. Can't wait until its Emmitt Smith's turn.

No comments:

Post a Comment